Where mulligans are frowned upon

Welcome to Fraser Valley Golf Club

Fraser Valley Golf Club is a 120 year old golf course, and recreational club in the Vancouver area.

Latest

Fraser Valley Golf Club opens its doors

The Fraser Valley is the region of the Fraser River basin in southwestern British Columbia downstream of the Fraser Canyon. The term is sometimes used outside of British Columbia to refer to the entire basin including the Fraser Canyon and up from there to its source, but in general British Columbian usage of the term refers to the stretch of the river downstream from the town of Hope, and includes all of the Canadian portion of the Fraser Lowland and areas flanking it.

Today, the Fraser Valley has a mix of land uses, ranging from the industrial and urban centres of Vancouver, Surrey, and Abbotsford through golf courses and parks to dairy farms and market gardens.

Agricultural land in the valley– much of it protected by the Agricultural Land Reserve– is intensively farmed: the Fraser Valley brings in over half of British Columbia’s annual agricultural revenue, although it makes up a small percentage of the province’s total land area.

The city is surrounded by mountains and recreational areas such as Cultus Lake and Chilliwack Lake Provincial Parks. There are many outdoor activities in the area, including hiking, horseback riding, biking, camping, fishing, and golf.

The rich golfing history of Canada

The RCGA was founded on June 6, 1895 as the Canadian Golf Association at the Royal Ottawa Golf Club. The Royal prefix was granted to the CGA in June 1896 by Queen Victoria through then Governor General of Canada, Lord Aberdeen.

The first real international boom in golf happened in the 1890s. In response to this, the first golfing associations were formed, the Golfing Union of Ireland in 1891 and the Ladies’ Golf Union in 1893. The organization of golf in Britain itself was directed to the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews as the historic seat of golf. In 1894 two attempts to establish a national championship in the United States were made, neither of which became recognized as the national champion. Later in 1894, representatives from five prominent U.S. clubs gathered to form the United States Golf Association.

In the 1930s the national body was approached about beginning a national junior championship. In 1938 a new element was added to the Amateur Championship— that of Junior Title holder. In 1959 the tournament was separated from the Canadian Amateur Championship, and became a full fledged match play tournament in its own.

The RCGA was founded on June 6, 1895 as the Canadian Golf Association at the Royal Ottawa Golf Club. The organization of golf in Britain itself was directed to the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews as the historic seat of golf. Later in 1894, representatives from five prominent U.S. clubs gathered to form the United States Golf Association.